Friday, October 23, 2009

Dreams to Reality

What I don't understand is people who decide that it's okay to try to "bring people into reality" but telling them that they're no good. I mean, I've had so many people come up to me after a play or a talent show or something and say, "Enjoy it while it lasts. One day, you're not going to be a famous actress or singer. All you'll be is little girl, and that's all." I've actually had adults say that to me. Honestly, it tore me to shreds. Can you imagine being a nine-year-old girl and having someone tell you that you're dreams are just that; dreams.
If you expect to have children running our world someday when they're older, you have to make sure that they know what they're going to do when they do take over. I am now sixteen, and there are still a few people who constantly tell me that there is no way I'm going to get to Hollywood. It just sickens me that we live in a world where adults aren't supportive of our youth.
Why are people so cruel? Why can't we all just get along and accept the facts that some people have dreams that may be way out there, but they still may be reality, if we help that person achieve that dream.
Believe in your friends, you family, or face book contacts, all those people that you know. You never know if one day, they'll all be famous, and they may not remember you because you just sat on the side lines and watched them instead of being a friend and helping...

Believe...

No comments:

Post a Comment