Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Imagination Across the Nation

Why is it that so many people in America say "There is no such thing as magic."? Many Americans today say "Oh, why should there be magic when we have science? There is no such thing!" But, if you think about, science is magic. Without just a pinch of magic, there would be no us. Now, if you're a scientists, than you probably would say, "The Big Bang was the cause of Earth and the rest of the Milky Way," but, the big question is, why did the big bang happen? I mean, sure, there was a volcanic eruption, maybe. But, how did that volcanic eruption happen? Who caused all of the evolution that lead to human beings? Maybe, just maybe, it was magic at work.
Now, I'm not saying that anyone and everyone have to believe in what I believe in, but, just try to see my point. Yes, I would say that I believe in the Big Bang theory. I also believe in creation. God had to have wanted the earth and galaxy to form, so, he smashed a huge rock in space and made other huge rocks in space. Now, personally, I'm one of those "All things happen for a reason," people. Well, it's true! I don't believe in coincidences, but that's fine if you do, because I don't give a crap about how you see things, that's your own belief and I can't change that.
Let's just pretend that there is a person who's not so sure there's such a thing as God, but they want God to be real. One night, they pray, "Dearest Lord, If you're real, then I need you to prove it to me. Tomorrow at work (or at school) have the person I like come and talk to me. Have them ask me out, or something. If you do this for me, I will forever be your humble servant."
So, this person goes to work or school the next day. They're at their locker or cubical, just preparing for the day, when, the person he or she likes comes walking up to them. The person says hi and asks them out. Now, there are two ways this person can go about this; 1. Say yes, but, don't follow his or her promise to be God's humble servant. or 2. Say yes, and, as promised, always believe in God and teach many people of God's love for the world.
But, of course, there are consequences to both answers, good and bad. If the person goes with answer 1, then the up part is they get the man/woman of their dreams. The down part is that they may anger God, who will punish them, maybe even by have their boy/girlfriend break up with them. If they go with answer 2, they get the girl, God's love, and, well, they can pray to God for help, and God will give it to them 9/10 times.
Magic, I think, is another way to prove that there is something wrong with this world. We allow for small children to have imaginary friends, but, we don't let ourselves have imaginary friends. When was the last time you had a conversation with someone other than your friends or family, or even yourself? Yes, I'm talking about the last time you talked to your imaginary friend. We all have one, but most of us don't acknowledge their existence. Why do you think you get so warm in a cold place sometimes? Your imaginary friend is giving you a hug. How do we get freckles overnight? Our imaginary friend kisses us every night on the cheek before bed. Why is it that we get what we want if we keep telling ourselves that we're going to get it? Our imaginary friend helps us out. There's someone watching out for us all the time, but we just have to find them. Some people may say that the imaginary friends I'm talking about are Guardian Angels. Maybe, I haven't seen one. If you have, please comment and tell me, was it an angel, or a human? Either way, their you imaginary friends who are looking out for you.
Do things happen for a reason? You tell me. All I know is that America has to start believing in more magic and less hatred and violence. If we all just learn how to pretend or imagine once in a while, someone may come up with a brilliant idea that will stop the war in Iraq, stop global warming, stop world hunger, stop the homeless people from being homeless, and stop the violence in the world. All we have to do first, is S.Q.U.I.S.H, sit quietly, imagine, share, help, and BOOM! You're imagining!

No comments:

Post a Comment